Monday, November 14, 2005

Home

I long for childhood. It was a time in my life when I felt totally safe, completely free and never lonely. This is the kind of security Stan and I try to provide for our boys too. In this ugly world I want their home to be the place they feel the safest, the most loved.

That is what heaven will be for us--a return to that beautiful feeling of safeness and freedom. A place where we are ultimately secure and completely loved, no strings attached. It will be home. I long for it today. Maybe that's what God is teaching me through trial--to long for home. I get terribly comfortable here sometimes but on days like today I long to be in His presence. I ache for heaven.

2 comments:

sara said...

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving this year! May the Lord bless your family:) I'm thankful for you and I love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Agreed!!