Saturday, June 11, 2005

TGIS!

Thank goodness its Saturday! It's been a rough week to say the least and I'm looking forward to starting a new one tomorrow. This morning Stan is preaching the funeral of a man who drowned Monday. This is the same man Stan baptized last Thursday. Once again I am reminded of how fleeting life is and how confusing God's timing can be. But I trust that He has a purpose for this regardless of whether I understand it or not.
I was blessed to have my Grandma here at the beginning of the week! This was her first visit to Petersburg so we hit the antique shops and of course Bean Counter, my favorite coffee spot. Grandma taught Grant the skill of making homeade noodles which Stan enjoyed immensely!
I've felt a little like a single Mom this week. Not because Stan isn't a wonderful husband and Dad, but because he's been swamped. I think we only had lunch together 3 times and we might have had one free evening at home with eachother. So I've been handling meal times, bath times, bed times by myself most of the week which is tiring! I can't imagine being a single Mom. It makes me appreciate my husband all the more.
My goals for today...to do some deep cleaning, get all the laundry finished and to play outside with the boys. It may not sound like much but add my two little guys into the mix and it becomes quite the challenge! But I'm up for it and I wouldn't trade those little guys for the world!
Grant's new skill for the week: getting his own water from the refrigerator. He's becoming so independent! Funny how when you become a Mom things like this make you so proud!

No comments: